A central part of our ethos is that we aim to inspire caring, compassionate and empathetic children ready to face life’s challenges and understand global issues.
The pupils and staff at Park End Primary, organise several activities across the year to raise funds for a variety of local, national and international charities. Supporting charities and people in the local community raises awareness of key issues and teaches our children about the importance of generosity. We feel this reflects our school values of ‘caring, responsibility and positivity’.
The school council plays a pivotal role in listening to pupil’s ideas, selecting charities, discussing ideas and planning fundraising events. The pupils, parents and staff of Park End Primary School support a variety of charities throughout the school year.
- Ukraine Crisis – Pupils dressed in blue and yellow to show their support for those in crisis in Ukraine. Money raised was donated to aid humanitarian work.
- Children in Need – Pupils donated and came to school dressed in their Pyjamas
- Red Nose Day – Pupils had their noses painted and wore a red item of clothing in support of comic relief
- Poppy Appeal – We raised money in support of the Royal British Legion appeal through the sale of poppies
- Caring for the Community – school council sold ice-lollies to raise money to buy blankets for elderly residents in the local community
- Eco Shop – school council prepare food parcels to support parents in the local community
In addition to our regular fund-raising events, we have non-uniform days to raise money for various charities