Our School Vision & Mission
At Park End Primary School we aim to foster a love of lifelong learning, from Acorns to Oaks. We strive to create a stimulating and happy learning environment, where confident pupils will have the skills and capacity to think and learn for themselves. Achievement will be at the heart of everything we do.
We will provide a learning environment in which each pupil will realise his or her full academic, social, cultural and sporting potential.
Our curriculum will ensure that pupils experience a broad range of subjects in an exciting, innovative and cross curricular method.
We will continue to build a strong sense of community at Park End Primary School, where parents are partners in learning. We will continue to develop a team of exceptional professionals, dedicated to providing the best for all pupils.
Alongside knowledge and understanding, we value skills and attributes in equal measure. These include communication, team work, problem solving, initiative and enterprise, organisation, leadership, independence and resilience
Our Governors fully support the school in providing the best possible educational opportunities for all. As a school we actively seek to involve and promote the local and wider community wherever possible.
Park End Primary School provides an environment where all within it feel safe, valued, nurtured and developed. We deliver an enjoyable, relevant curriculum which is broad and balanced and takes account of differing learning styles and abilities.
We help children become independent learners with the skills and attitudes needed for life-long learning and good citizenship. In partnership with parents, governors and the wider community we work together for the benefit of all to provide opportunities for learning both in and out of school hours.
We will do this by aiming to:
- Ensure learning and teaching is the main priority of the school
- Provide a safe, welcoming and stimulating learning environment
- Raise achievement and set high expectations for all children
- Enable all children to achieve their potential in reading, writing and oracy
- Enable all children to achieve their potential in mathematics
- Raise achievement in science and information communication technology.
- Develop skills and attitudes which ensure understanding and high standards of achievement in all curriculum areas in line with the National curriculum
- Promote excellent standards of behaviour
- Ensure equal opportunities for all and show tolerance of other lives and cultures
- Encourage parents, carers and other members of our community to be involved in the life of the school
- Promote British Values: Mutual Respect, Rule of Law, Individual Liberty, Democracy and Tolerance of those of different faiths and beliefs.